February 22, 2003

After a restless night, I woke up at 6 a.m. again when my sister's alarm went off. She had to wake up to go to a swim meet. I opened my eyes and said in an extremely groggy voice (which didn't get much better throughout the day), "Happy Birthday, Roni," and I proceeded to sing/say the birthday song, restaurant waiter-style. Then she asked, logically, "Can I open your presents?" "Sure," I replied. "They're in the closet." So she went and got them. She liked my card, but she was especially enthused by my presents, which were two U2 CDs. (The third present, which I mentioned yesterday, she opened last night; she liked it too.) After putting listening to maybe one and a half songs on her stereo, the other members of the family came in to sing Las Mañanitas, and then she had to hurriedly unwrap all her presents. Under time pressure to leave, she unwrapped and thanked in record speed. I managed to set her new watches for her before she left. Then I was left alone, at home.

What did I do? I did a little of my morning stretch, but not very much. Next, I (big surprise ahead) got online for about three hours. I know...but it is really addictive. I am seriously addicted. Tam knows. Well, I had fun, anyway. In the midst of chatting, I got some breakfast: pancakes. After I finally extricated myself from the computer, I cleaned up the kitchen and tried to clean house. I didn't have much time, however, since my brother and sister wanted to go to some Yugio game thing at Hastings, at noon. All I managed to do was clean the bathrooms and vacuum a bit. Then I panicked as I realized I had to get dressed to go out, get all my things together, and leave in the space of half an hour. I did it, though.

We went to the Hastings thing, which was a complete waste of time in my view. Immediately afterwards, I had wanted to go to the post office, but even though we hightailed it over there as well as we could, it was closed. In between all this, we (and by we, I may finally tell you, I mean my dad, my two younger sisters Toni and Gabi, my brother, J.D., and myself) ate a lunch which my dad had packed as I was panicking. Next on our list was choir practice, at 1:30.

We arrived at church early, ready to go, but we had to wait for all the other members to arrive, which took around fifteen minutes. We went through all our songs with little incident, and actually finished early. However, this was when the not so fun or exciting part of the day began. After we practiced with our choir (the 11:30 Sunday choir), my dad stayed to practice with the other choir (the 5 p.m. Saturday choir) and I had to look after the kids, who by the way had been playing nicely in another building at church. I took them to the library across the street; it is nerve-racking to cross that street, because it is a large one with lots of traffic. Anyway, we went there, hung out for about an hour and a half, and went back for Mass. Before Mass I let the kids snack outside. By then we were all pretty tired. So we went to Mass, and although Gabi was a real pain, the kids managed not to make a scene. After what seemed a long, long time, we finally got to go home.

Oh, but we had to stop for gas on the way.

When we got home, I immediately started on dinner, which was veggie burgers. I had leftover soup instead, though, because we had burgers yesterday and I didn't feel like another. After dinner I picked up the kitchen and I had every intention of making the key lime cheesecake for my sister's birthday, but I got lazy after making the crust and instead sat down at the computer. That's where I am now. But I think I'm going to get off and go make the cheesecake after all. I'm too tired to chat and I can't stay up late to play Castle Infinity with Martin. Sorry, Marty! Maybe my day doesn't look as exhausting as it feels right now, but it was in fact very tiring and I want to go to bed very soon.

No comments:


Colorado