Yesterday I woke up at 6:12, a little late from the usual. I thought I would have plenty of time to make the key lime cheesecake, do some yoga, shower, and get ready for Mass (my dad and I had to be there at 10). However, the cheesecake took a lot longer than I thought: I had to juice 20 key limes for it. By the time I had done my yoga and showered it was 8:45. However, that was adequate time to dress, fix my hair, and put on a touch of makeup, as well as get online for a very short bit (no more than 10 minutes, honestly!). It was my dad who made us late, as he didn't pack up his music things in the car very promptly. We got to church at 10, but we wasted another ten minutes parking.
Our choir practiced about 45 minutes, and then we went in the church to set up. Singing-wise, Mass went off without a hitch and I think we even sounded pretty good. For our recessional, we did a rousing rendition of "Lead Me, Lord" (insert Mike's cringe here). I was also an extraordinary lector yesterday (and for any non-Catholics that might be reading this, that only means that I am not an ordained lector, of course). Unfortunately, that was not so wonderful. I did the second reading all right, but when I was doing the prayers of the faithful, I somehow lost focus and mispronounced a name (Refugio Esparza) very badly, and then proceeded to stumble over the names of the rest of the sick, and then the dead. I know nobody's perfect, but I do so hate making mistakes, especially public ones.
After Mass, my dad dropped me off at a friend's house so I could spend the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing productive, and having as much fun as possible or probable. I saw Chicago. I'm going to write a review of it and post it on here later. Right now I have to go run. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment