Something I Heard on NPR Today: President Bush really should get congressional approval before bombing Sadaam Hussein
A Song to Which I Listened: "85"
Today at swimming we got out early again (we also did yesterday, because of a meeting the coaches had to go to at City Hall), and although I would have liked to have swum longer, our practice today was rather enjoyable:
500 free w/ fins warmup
3 300s pull - 100 fly, 100 back, 100 breast
4 100s IM drill w/ fins on 1:45
4 100s IM swim on 1:45
8 25s sprint freestyle
3 200s kick choice
100 cooldown swim
Yes, short, simple, and sweet. Furthermore, I'm not that hungry and I won't be a glutton, despite the fact that homemade pizza is in the oven. :) After practice, I picked up Atlas Shrugged from the library. Who knew it was as fat as LOTR?! Anyway, it looks interesting, certainly. I think we are going to watch The Rookie tonight instead of lame rerun tv shows, like the "Gilmore Girls" rerun that is on right now. I actually like that show, but it's kind of like certain movies: once is enough. "Alias" reruns are more watchable, I think. "Alias" is my actual favorite show. "Gilmore Girls" is a not so close second. "American Idol" is not even on the list!
About the bracelets: I'm going to make bracelets to remind myself how to live. It's kind of sad that I need them, but they're kind of an experiment. I will put catch words like "love", "food", "work" and "pray" on them, to remind me of certain things (to act loving, not to eat past the point when I'm full, to get to work, and of course to pray). I'll make myself wear them (even though they're going to look cheap and kind of ugly pretty soon) until I can go a whole day without violating my personal rules about one of them. Then I can take that bracelet off. But if I catch myself offending again, then back on comes the bracelet. It's a kind of penance/reminder thing, actually. I hope it works, even though it sounds just like another harebrained scheme of mine which ends up fizzling out into the abyss of failed projects. That sounds too much like pessimism...they WILL work!
No comments:
Post a Comment