August 28, 2002

Something I Heard on NPR Today: The Germans aren't too keen on getting involved in Iraq: 75% oppose taking military action against it.

A Song to Which I Listened: "American Girls"

*New Section!*

Sissi's Foibles: Sissi takes a shower. Sissi sees need for shaving armpits. Sissi shaves. Sissi cranes her head to inspect her handiwork. Sissi doesn't realize that she is holding razor too close to face. Sissi cuts her lip with razor. Sissi is sad. :-( Sissi puts on lip balm--it should heal up fairly quickly, as it's only a small nick.

Well, here's my practice for today, since I've nothing much more interesting to relate (although I've read a substantial portion of Atlas Shrugged, I can't really decide what my thoughts/feelings on that are yet):

500 free warmup
12 100s choice - 50 drill, 50 swim (I did 6 freestyle, and 2 of each of the other strokes)
3 200s kick with fins: 200 fly, 200 breast, 200 free
2 300s pull, breathing pattern by 50s: every 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 7th, 5th (hard set!)
Pyramid to 100 (freestyle) by 25s on 15 seconds rest
400 swim - 200 back, 200 breast

Again, not that long of a swim, but we're working towards it.

Oh, I just watched "American Idol" tonight, and I've made up my mind to vote next week for Kelly. She really deserves to win, with a voice like that...

I didn't overeat today, and so far, I've got 3 bracelets made, all in different styles. One is a strip of the control top part of an old pair of pink pantyhose, with the words markered in magenta Sharpie; it sounds really icky, but it's actually my favorite one. It says "back" to remind me to sit up straight.

No comments:


Colorado