August 26, 2002

Something I Heard on NPR Today: There are wildfires in Arizona
A Song to Which I Listened: "Precious Illusions" (I love that song :-D)

Well, as you can see, I haven't blogged in a few days, and maybe some things have happened...I don't know.

Saturday

I spent Saturday morning doing a very little housecleaning (as little as I could get away with) and then I went to confession and to the store. We raced through the store! I wanted to have time to shower, because we were meeting some of my parents' friends at a restaurant at 6:30. As it turned out, I barely had enough time to finish my makeup, but I turned out all right. We went out for Mexican food, which was all right. It wasn't nearly as good as home cooked food, but I enjoyed it anyway. The friends were a little interesting. We had gone to their lake house before and had a pretty nice time there; they are very laid-back and nice. However, when they came to our house after the restaurant, I couldn't help feeling that our family is not the best at entertaining. Of course my mom was a little too drunk to notice, I think, and my dad a little too overzealous about his toys, which he was showing off, but I don't know that they had a very good time. My littlest sister was rather obnoxious, I'm afraid, and my parents made the mistake of dividing their forces, with my dad going off into his barn office to show Dave his music things and my mom and Dana staying inside doing nothing particularly much. The dessert which I had prepared proved a little too heavy after the large meal we had had, so it wasn't much comfort. Perhaps it's only I, but I think that our family is quite bad at entertaining.

Sunday

I had to sing in choir yesterday, and I'm glad that we have a new member, Amy, who plays the flute and also sings. She's a great addition, and I think that we didn't sound half bad, despite being turned down in the middle of Mass! I was a little steamed about that, because I think the sacristan was overfunctioning. However, it's just as likely that I'm only overreacting and it didn't really adversely affect us that much...however, it is very disconcerting suddenly not to be able to hear oneself on the monitor. We had everything set just right, too! *sound of lamentation* Anyway, we ate frozen pizza for a late lunch at home. Then what did I do...? Hmm, I suppose I just relaxed, watched tv, read, got online, nothing much--certainly nothing useful. I watched a good "Alias" rerun.

Today

Today I did a little school, did a little cooking, went to swimming, became dull. Maybe I'll become more interesting tomorrow. I need to make some bracelets.

No comments:


Colorado