January 24, 2002

I've a feeling I'd better blog something now before I get bogged down by weariness. Today I went to the library. The library plan is working rather well, because the only distractions there are books and magazines, and what with schoolwork, my mind gets too tired to read anything else. I don't think my brain is used to this workload yet, but it will be. I'm getting there. The hardest part about being in the library is that it's a public place. I'm in public whenever I go there. That means no picking my teeth, no inappropriate scratching, and no place to lie down. Maybe that's a good thing, though. My back has been so sore lately from their chairs, not at all comfortable chairs. I find myself often looking forward to my next meal; I wonder what this means psychologically. I have to make my own lunch to take, and on days like today, where it's too cold or rainy to go outside, I have to hide in a back room of the library to eat it, because no food's allowed. (No cell phones are allowed either, but that doesn't stop obnoxious people from leaving their ringers on the loudest setting and talking on them.)

Why are there Barbie dolls on the top of this monitor? It is perplexing...yet ruinous to my train of thought.

Okay, the library...it's a nice library, mostly quiet, until school lets out and annoying teenagers come in. Today I saw someone there who I know, but have lost touch with; it was kind of awkward for me because I saw him but had to pretend not to see him so I wouldn't have to interrupt him talking to someone else to say hi. Maybe this shows what kind of individual I am, but I don't think so. It's just that awkward state of acquaintance in which you don't know whether to greet the other person. And if he saw me, he could have said hi himself. Okay, so I'm a freak; it's not as if you didn't already know this. ;&)

Our library has a wide selection of magazines. Yesterday I got distracted by a Glamour magazine and read the better part of it instead of finishing physics. This led to a carryover of physics work, resulting in my not finishing physics today either. When will this end? The magazine definitely wasn't worth it.

I seem to be unable to do anything with my evenings. It's as if I have no energy left, which is ludicrous when you consider I've spent most of the day in a sedentary manner. The real reason is probably that I just don't want to do anything. I'd rather veg out in front of the computer. The computer is more soothing than the television. I'm trying to lessen the amount of time I spend watching tv too; it's just a nonproductive, nonrewarding activity. The other day I checked out a video from the library on makeup application; but that doesn't count as tv, because it's a video. I also got a ballet class and a swing dance video, but I haven't seen them yet.

Arrivederci, for I must go and slice some mozzarella now.

No comments:


Colorado