I am now going to utilize the true purpose of blogs and say something embarrassing about myself: I sometimes get delusions of grandeur. They're quite funny, actually. Once in a while, when I start learning something new and really working on it (I won't say every time I learn something new, for that would be slightly exaggerated and not in my favor), I imagine myself becoming a master or virtuoso of that one skill. For example, when I started reading books about technique and working hard at swimming, I pictured myself as a really fast collegiate athlete. More recently, I learned a little taekwondo and soon I began thinking of myself as a martial arts master...not in actuality, you understand, but in imagination. I have never accused my imagination of being anything other than unhelpful, and so it is, for when I want to imagine something creative or original it simply won't oblige me; yet exactly when I don't need strange and fanciful delusions of greatness, my imagination takes a mischievous turn. Such is my fate.
On a more interesting note, I just finished reading The Elfstones of Shannara. Now THAT is a good book; almost as good as lotr, even. However, I did guess at the ending a few pages before it was actually revealed. That didn't diminish its quality in the slightest, though.
I have eaten much too much food today. I will not consume any more until tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll be ok. I just think if I had some of the dinner my family is enjoying, I would either burst or spew, neither of which is pleasant for your imagination to envision, so I will let that subject alone.
I have to do some more planning sometime, but I'd rather watch television. My dad's right: television is a curse. Still, "Alias" and "Malcolm in the Middle" are on tonight! :&P
No comments:
Post a Comment