Why do women talk so much? Are we just exchanging information? No. We are creating and maintaining bonds with other women. --"Auntie Seraphic & Tired of Moaning" from Seraphic Singles
The latest post from Seraphic Singles really hits the nail on the head. Women communicate completely differently from men, it seems! Now that I'm dating someone, it's even more apparent: actually, it's starkly apparent. For instance, to use the "telling someone you're dating" example, within 48 hours of finding myself in a dating relationship, my mom, my best girl friends, and even my dad all knew about it. I told whom I could in person and then called the people I couldn't tell in person! And a few days later I even made reference to it on Facebook!
On the other hand, a week or so later I asked my boyfriend whether he had told his parents with whom he lives and he said they've probably figured it out but no he hadn't said anything. Tempted to be a little hurt by this revelation, I questioned him and he said, "I like my privacy, especially since I live at home. Also, I think guys don't feel the need to disclose things to their parents the way girls do." He brought up his sister as an example of the latter. Yes, he's an astute one, my boyfriend. So, in the end, I understood and didn't make an issue out of it--but it's still weird to me that guys don't feel the need to communicate the way we women do! Maybe that's why they need us.
No comments:
Post a Comment