I apologize for not attributing my previous quote. I believe it is from Time for God by Jacques Philippe.
This time, I do not have another quote for you, just a musing or two. I noticed the smell of the cold for the first time tonight, in my closet. I like the smell, and I'm not used to getting it this early. When things get to a coolish, coldish temperature, I notice the air in the room just smells a little different. Not musty by any means, nor airy like a bright spring day, just...cold. I like that it smells cold in here; I will put on another blanket.
The other thought I had was more a fuming than a musing: Why does the library let me take out books for two weeks only? How is a person supposed to read her handful (an extremely small handful, I might add, compared to what I used to get) of books in only two weeks? I have tried to stack the odds in favor of my actually reading the things by getting a couple in audio book format, but with this handicap placed on me, even my two renewals won't keep me appeased. The past two times I have had to return books, after renewing them, that I did not get a chance to read. Alas.
No comments:
Post a Comment