Some people look at a philosophy degree and ask why; I look at a philosophy degree and ask why not! --Sarah Berger, in imitation of Brian Regan
I miss "doing philosophy." I feel like my alumna mind is stagnating from lack of use. Should I try to read an article of the Summa every night as recommended? My poor overtired brain just wants to retreat and read a bit of the trashy novel or self-help book I have beside my bed. Or, if I feel virtuous, I read a POD book about Fatima. When do I use the skills I spent three and a half years developing? They're certainly rusty enough so that when my housemates and I discuss demonic possession, I can only give a very vague definition and distinction between the intellect and the will. What's up with that?! I think I have my answer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment