August 16, 2003
A little-known thing about me is that I'm kind of obsessive. I try to hide it, to appear normal, but sometimes I can really become obsessed with people or things. Maybe I don't quite mean obsessive in a mental illness sort of sense, but in the sense that like many teenage girls, things catch my fancy--and I don't always bother to check my fancy when it gets going. It can feed on itself somehow so that something that, or someone who, is good will become too much in my mind. I don't know if this makes any sense (and I fully admit my insanity as the cause if it doesn't), but basically the only difference between me and wild, screaming N'Sync fans is that unlike them I stifle the outward manifestation of my inner fanaticism. Rather, I do try to stifle thoughts that appear unhealthy to me and to blot them out, but I take especial care that I do not show more than I ought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
No comments:
Post a Comment