August 06, 2003

I tried to call Wendy last night, but I forgot she was busy and so I didn't get to talk to her. I'm going to call her again tonight. Hehe, you might be reading this, Wendy, and if so, it turns out that we will probably have to stay till tomorrow. Therefore, no dinner tonight. I wish we were leaving tonight, but work takes precedence. Speaking of work, it turns out I might be halfway decent at this work thing. I feel all grown-up and I even understand most of the stuff they talk about. It is all about this new product we (I am part of a development team!!!) are creating. I am working on reports. I know very little about reports, and even less about the specific database I have to do them on, but I can take directions well, design reports well, and generally "fake it". I mostly need my dad's help to get the reports to be what they really want them to be. It is hard even to find out what they want them to be, because the project leader is a fan of vague pleasantness, which means that although he knows what he wants, he doesn't want to tell you in a bottom line manner what it is you must do. My dad has found this frustrating in the past, and I am finding it so to a lesser extent now. He gave me plenty to work on, at least.

The one sucky thing is that I am so darn congested, and that gives me a croaky sounding voice. I hate when my voice doesn't sound as I like it. It's especially aggravating in a business environment, in which you actually have to talk to people to communicate with them. Obviously, it's a novel situation for me, but also fairly enjoyable. I can see why my dad has grown to like talking so much. He's even gotten kind of good at it.

No comments:


Colorado