July 17, 2003

Today, I started downloading Linux at 6:30 a.m., but I don't think it finished. I did a very short abs workout and rolled out my back with this wooden roller thing my dad has. He swears by it for helping his asthma, and I think it is helping mine too. Anyway, later (meaning after ample time online) I made lunch, which was a chili cheese dog pie casserole, but vegetarian. Then, after lunch, my mom took me to Wal-Mart, where I got school supplies, and to the library, where I got the big stack of books I had planned to get. I list them below. After I got home, I immediately (well, after helping unload stuff and taking off my shoes and getting a glass of water and a cough drop) got online to do the Onerock Voice Chat Rosary, which was nice. I chatted some more with a few people, then stopped to make dinner. Now dinner's made, and although the kitchen is still a wreck, I have time before people want to eat to chat again. They are in the pool, swimming.

Books I Got from the Library Today

~@~Aristotle's Poetics
~@~Aeschylus Prometheus Bound (the volume includes other plays, but I don't know if I will read them)
~@~The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
~@~Jane Austen Sense and Sensibility
~@~The Best Short Stories of Dostoevsky (apparently the best ones are White Nights, The Honest Thief, The Christmas Tree and a Wedding, The Peasant Marey, Notes from the Underground, A Gentle Creature, and The Dream of a Ridiculous Man)
~@~John Henry Cardinal Newman Apologia pro Vita Sua
~@~Plutarch Selected Lives and Essays
~@~Sophocles The Three Theban Plays (Antigone, Oedipus the King, Oedipus at Colonus)
~@~Douglas Adams The Salmon of Doubt
~@~Jean Rhys The Complete Novels - but I'm only going to read Wide Sargasso Sea
~@~Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

I know it's disorganized and messy, but that's it! :&)

No comments:


Colorado