June 06, 2003
I'm getting so excited about college! Before, it felt like a dream that I would ever be going there, and indeed, it still fills me with wonder and gratitude to God that it is probably going to happen, but at the same time I'm starting to see it as a reality--a practical reality. I'm starting to prepare for it in earnest. I don't know if it is possible for me to be ready for everything in advance, but I'm trying to prepare for as much as possible. I'm making lists: shopping lists, packing lists, lists of questions I still have. I'm halfway to memorizing the orientation schedule and I'm going to try to do the same for the campus map. I haven't received the student handbook yet, but when I do I'm going to prepare even better. My plan is not to be a clueless, helpless freshman, but an empowered, collected first-year student. I want to be able to say to my parents, in complete honesty and with full confidence, "I'm going to be fine here. I'm not worried at all!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
No comments:
Post a Comment