June 05, 2003

I write better when I don't try to write about something in general (or in specific) but instead just start thinking about something and writing it down. However, if I get into really deep (over my head) topics, then it gets harder for me to express what I think. Philosophy is one of those subjects that, so far, I have a lot of trouble talking or writing about; perhaps that's why I want to make it my major. It seems like all other subjects are easily (well, comparatively easily) learned just by memorizing facts and progressing from simpler to harder material--like math, in which I want to minor. Maybe philosophy is the same way and I just haven't learned enough to make it become simple, but somehow I doubt it. In conclusion, it's easy to write about what I know, or think I know, and since it seems challenging to get to know philosophy, I am more eager to try to learn it.

No comments:


Colorado