May 17, 2003
I just got back from a workshop at my parents called the "Ethics and Integrity in Ministry" workshop, a title which is really misleading because what it was really all about was child sexual abuse. However, I was glad I went because I had never realized how prevalent and serious this issue really is in our society. Did you know that one out of every six boys are sexually abused before the age of 21, and that one out of every four girls is? Do you know the warning signs for pedophiles? Do you know how to be aware in your community, in order to prevent sexual abuse from occurring? If you don't, it's time to learn. I will take this week to educate you, with my minimal knowledge gained today. Right now, however, I'm going to chat! :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
No comments:
Post a Comment