April 29, 2003
I think guys (the worthwhile ones, anyway) want girls to be spotless and kind of up on a pedestal. Some guys I know are shocked if I swear, or even if I indicate I was thinking of swearing. I don't know where I'm really going with this. Maybe I just like to generalize. Anyway, one thought I had was that we girls like to be contrary. We don't want to do what guys want all the time, simply because we think to ourselves, "Why should we?" Sometimes the question isn't "why?", but "why not?" Too often, I feel like doing the opposite of what I'm expected to do, not because what's expected is bad, but because I like my own way better or because I didn't like the way I was asked to do the expected thing. This is not about randomness, but about convention. I believe in social conventions, because many of them are there for good reasons, but at the same time I have an inward rebellious feeling towards them. It's really a paradox. I think they're good and yet I don't want to follow them. Maybe it's not paradox, but sin. These are just some really mixed-up thoughts I was partially thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
No comments:
Post a Comment