I haven't much to say, except that we had a prayer service at church last night, and I sang at it. It was rather nice, rather ordinary though. I got out of swimming early (my leg was strangely hurting, btw, as if I had popped it out of its hip socket...not a pleasant feeling), and took my ineffectual shower there at the activity center. I say ineffectual because I still smelt of chlorine; blech. Anyway, my dad picked me up and we headed to the church. The choir in which I was singing was not my usual choir, but the evening choir from Sundays. It is a very strange group. The leader doesn't really lead, and the guitar players are very headstrong, one particularly so. He insisted upon playing a medley of My Country This of Thee, God Bless America, and This Land is Your Land. The latter I really loathed, but I sang along anyway. Gosh. Anyway, the Rosary was good, with the names of our local military in a litany format after each decade. A lady sang two songs she had created herself in Spanish. They were somehow very moving. She was a good singer, too. The prayer service was reported on the news. On a whole, I hope it did some good.
P.S. Sorry to Mary and Angele, with whom I was chatting when I suddenly was disconnected and couldn't restart it (it's the ISP, I think). Besides that I had to go anyway. I'm sneaking back on to post this, because I really ought to post something today, as I can't tomorrow.
P.P.S. On a funny side note, Angele, you said it was a good thing I was vegetarian because I'm safe from hot dogs. That may be, but today for lunch we had TOFU dogs. :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment