September 05, 2002

Well, I really meant to blog these past few nights, but instead I watched "American Idol". I know, I know, so sue me. :&) Anyway, I think I'll do blogs for those days, to make up for them:

Tuesday


Something I Heard on NPR Today: I don't exactly remember...it was probably something about Iraq, though. It's always all about Iraq.

A Song to Which I Listened: "Destiny"...Oh yeah, that can be on the above section too, because I remember they played a bit of this song between news segments.

Sissi's Foibles: I had an idea that maybe I can use online friends as mnemonics. Tam already reminds me to go into the chat room. Alex and Tim can remind me to do schoolwork. Mary reminds me to think seriously, and about morality. Walker, you remind me to wax my legs, dubious honor that. Joe reminds me of the SSPX. Marty reminds me of Onerock. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, as the King in The King and I says. I watched part of that movie last night.

I didn't really do all that much on Tuesday. My mom was feeling poorly and she sat and watched Persuasion (we own the movie) while we had frozen pizza for lunch. My sister didn't cook it enough, so it was kind of soft and oogly in the middle. Then we went to swimming, and, sure enough, my breaststroke is gone this week. :( Well, Tuesday was a bad day for swimming. I felt like I was going nowhere. Then we went home and I did a workout video before dinner. I want to get in better shape than I am. Then I had...I forget what for dinner, but as usual, I ate too much dessert. I watched "American Idol" and I fully intended to vote for Kelly, but the line was so busy that I finally gave it up.

Wednesday


Something I Heard on NPR Today: More about Iraq, how Bush announced that he was going to get "authorization" from Congress before making his big, Sadaam-whippin' move, but that didn't mean that he doesn't have the authority to do it without their support. Whatever that means...

A Song to Which I Listened: "Something Very Pure (return of mix)"

Sissi's Foibles: I swept my dad doing the Jumble--punchline and all. Everyone ought to do the Jumble in the paper, if they can. It's very good for the mind.

Yesterday was slightly better than the day before. I did a bit of schoolwork, even. At swimming, I swam better. I was happy with the result of "American Idol" and I even enjoyed that song "A Moment Like This". The other song wasn't so good. I liked the fact that Kelly and Justin seemed so normal and down-to-earth, even goofy. I sincerely hope that Kelly won't be spoiled by her fame. As everyone says, she does have a remarkable set of pipes. I only wish she wouldn't try to oversing everything, and that she would take care not to let her voice break so unpleasantly. I'm sure the people she gets to help her will make her work on that.

No comments:


Colorado