Something I Heard on NPR Today: Apparently, Hollywood makes movies based on the "a sucker is born every minute" philosophy. They, formerly, would find lucky investors to invest in the movies that the mainstream studios didn't want to finance--usually lame or indie type of films. Thanks to these investors, we have movies like Battlefield Earth, Driven, and K-19: The Widowmaker. However, now it seems that there's a shortage, what with the poor economy, of these suckers. One would hope that this means producers would stop making stupid movies in favor of the good, but all it really means is that they'll make more commercially viable movies. Ah well...
A Song to Which I Listened: "The Lucky One": Good song!
Sissi's Foibles: Sheesh! I forgot what I was going to put here. I definitely had something, but I have completely forgotten it. I have such a terrible memory for things.
Today I swam hard. At one point, I was just hyperventilating between swims and people around me started to get worried about me and asked if I was ok and if I wanted someone else to go first (I was leading in the lane). I took no mind to them until I was good and ready, and fully oxygenated. Then I said, "I'm good" and smiled confidently. I still had two more 50s to swim after that, though, and they were HARD! However, I made it, as I always do. I wish I could have the same determination I have in the pool in my schoolwork. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment