September 15, 2002

Today I ate my first full meal with chopsticks! Well, it was just stir fry and coconut rice (my mom's...so good!) but I ate all of my serving and some of my sisters' too using only a pair of sticks! :&D I felt so accomplished, although I was hardly graceful at it.

Anyway, Mass this morning was nice, except for the obnoxious folksy choir. I'm trying to be charitable and not hypocritical here, because I know the choir I sing in, which alternates with this morning's, sings just as many of those type of hymns, but man...they're so loud! One thing I simply can't stand is that they don't know when to stop! After the recessional hymn, they strike up another song, apparently for their own amusement or to drown out the talk (scandalous, I know) that's going on as people leave. In any case, it's very hard to pray during all that cacophony.

I'm not going to be online much this week. I'm trying to get back to my 8:30-9:30 pm routine, so if you see me on, help me to get off asap! :)

Sundays don't count...

Ah, I have so much work to do...but tomorrow I will get right on it. I feel very gung ho, for some reason, like I could take on the world and win.

In other news, UT won yesterday, which was gratifying, but during the game I was rendered incessantly annoyed and nervous by their flaky defense. To give up 21 points is not what I had expected of them. However, I hope they can only improve from here.

Email me, people! Don't be shy.

P.S. I eat three full meals a day! ;)

No comments:


Colorado