Something I Heard on NPR Today: It seems that President Bush is really pushing to get a declaration of war or something passed--and now the Democrats want to help him! It seems Daschle and his lot have given up on a Great National Debate on the issue and now just want to get the darn thing over it. The piece gave me a good chuckle.
A Song to Which I Listened: "Ave Maria"
Sissi's Foibles: Well, besides the pirate thing, after a trying time, I finally finished my silly essay for the National Merit Scholarship and sent it in. I also finally finished an English test. Phew! I have so much work... :(
I do not claim to know much about feminism, the 60s (or was it 70s?), and that whole scene in general, but I do know this much: bra burning epitomizes the unreason of the feminist movement. The brassiere is a good, useful garment. Its purpose is to support breasts, which most women have. Men do not have breasts. Burning your bra will not change the fact that you have breasts. Burning your bra will not make you a man. Furthermore, why would any self-respecting woman want to be, or even emulate, a man? That is the unreason of which I speak. Chesterton wrote, "Women are the only realists; their whole object in life is to pit their realism against the extravagant, excessive, and occasionally drunken idealism of men." I agree with him totally. Love everyone; be yourself.
By the way, has anyone noticed that newscasters tend not to call President Bush "President Bush"? I hear "Mr. Bush" a lot from the media. My dad pointed out to me yesterday that the disrespect extends to Mrs. Bush. Instead of being titled the First Lady, she was referred to as "the president's wife"! So is it President Bush and his wife, Mr. and Mrs. Bush, those hicks in the White House, "Dubya"...? It doesn't matter if you don't like the Bushes all that much, you should still mention them respectfully.
Heh, looks like I'm being bossy again, even in my blog. My mom lectured me the other day about that. That's what I meant about the b-word whole thing...
While in the shower (I may have mentioned I think best there), I thought of a lot of things I should do with my site. First on the list is adding the tagboard. So look out for it, it'll be here soon. Do you think I should give it its own page or put it smack dab on the top of my blog? I guess you can't answer, since there's no place to tag it. :-P I also have to upload some things, which I'm going to do directly.
....
No comments:
Post a Comment