August 30, 2002

Yes! Thank you, God! I have been granted a boon. I want to blog this right away, before the exultation wears off. It's so rare, nowadays, that I actually feel joy. I haven't even showered yet. Here is what I did:

400 freestyle warmup
10 100s freestyle on 20 sec. rest
games
8 25s freestyle, distance per stroke
8 25s butterfly
2 300s pull, freestyle (with 1/4 breaststroke pull on the second)
*500 breaststroke swim*
100 cooldown

Notice the one in stars? That is breaststroke! I have my breastroke back, that's the happy news! I suppose it wouldn't really mean much to anyone but me, which is why I didn't even mention it to coach as I left, although I felt like it. I felt like shouting, "Hey! I have my breaststroke back now!" What had happened is that my breaststroke kick had been totally lost since I started back swimming last month. It was completely gone, and although my pull was still strong, it didn't nearly make up for it. But now it's back! I'm so happy! I'm so...hungry! Blog again later, to put my compulsories...

No comments:


Colorado