August 17, 2002

Today I am clairvoyant! I know what you really want, and what you really want is to hear Patrick Murphy's version of "Take 5". Yay!

Ok, so today I woke up earlier than I wanted to, at around 7:15 am, and couldn't really think of everything to do but get dressed and put on my contacts. At 7:30 I tried to wake up my sister to make her do the dishes that she'd left last night, but she was having none of it. She always sleeps in terribly. The reason I wanted her to do it was so that I could make fried egg sandwiches for everyone. Then I became miffed when my mom and littlest sister woke up and ate all the melon. I wanted some of that! But I ended up making myself an egg sandwich by microwaving an egg in a Pyrex measuring cup with a little water at the bottom. That worked nicely.

My dad made us go outside and do some yard work, but it was very little, luckily. However, I operated the weed mower with no gloves and ended up with a very large blister on my right hand, which I am not enjoying. Then I kind of stood around and watching him paint the house with his new pressurized paint sprayer. I helped with the ladders and such. Next, I went in and made us (my dad, my mom, and I) lunch: eggplant parmesan sandwiches on sourdough. The rest of the family had tostadas, prepared by my mom. I think eggplant sandwiches are a highly delectable lunch, but even though I had only half, it was a rather large half and it made me feel stuffed.

After lunch, I picked up the kitchen, and then began to make treats! Well, I'm not allowed to bake, for various reasons, but I found some no-bake bars to make. Yum! My mom had said my sister, Toni, could bake, so she made (with my generous and overbearing assistance) Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. Those were also quite good. Finally, after making all those and picking up, I tried to persuade my mom to go to confession, but she was very tired, having cleaned the house almost single-handedly. She works so hard. Therefore, I made a pact with her to go next week, and found a great recipe to make for dinner: Potato Cheese Soup! So I made it. Of course, it was wonderfully good, and everyone save my little brother liked it. I think it was a little too peppery for him. Anyway, if you like potato soups, you should definitely make this; it was the ultimate.

As you can see, today was a very food-oriented day. Sadly, my Halle Berry plan fell somewhat by the wayside. :-/ However, I enjoyed everything I ate, which is the important part, and I will be back to my slimming plan tomorrow, for sure. Although...I have already decided to make pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. :-D

Listen to Diana Krall!

No comments:


Colorado