August 06, 2002

Heh, the last half hour of that movie was better than all the rest of it. I don't like watching movies about such flawed people, though. Well, all people are flawed, but it had an air of unrealistic realism, if you see what I mean. In any case, we bought The Fellowship of the Ring (the DVD) today, so THAT I am looking forward to seeing, what with all the special features and extra footage!

This morning I read some of the paper, even though I had told myself I wouldn't till I got done with school. Certain events are just too interesting not to read about, such as a person almost drowning in a local river but divers who had gone to recover his body ending up saving him. Interesting stuff, that. Oh, that reminds me (because newspaper reminds me of breakfast, and breakfast reminds me of bread) that I have come up with a new diet for myself. I should say a diet modification, for that is really what it is, but I like to call it a diet as it seems so much more contemporary and grown-up. :-P Anyway, I call it the "No-Bread Diet" which is something of a misnomer because it does allow bread in the diet. How it works is that I will not let myself have any bread that is not integral to a meal. For instance, sandwiches (which I ate for lunch) and pizza would be allowed, but if the meal was spaghetti and garlic bread, I would have to skip the garlic bread. Likewise, no toast or bagels for breakfast. I think this will cut back on a lot of unnecessary calories. Oh, and I'm going to MAKE myself abstain from dairy and eggs on Fridays. Abstinence is important. That's not really on the diet side, but on the religious side; I thought of it just now again, though. So that's what's new on the digestive front.

That's all I have for now. I'm in the middle of discussing the infallibility of canonization with Pete. I'll tell you how it goes, maybe.

No comments:


Colorado