August 22, 2002

Guns are God's Creatures Too... Actually, I saw part of that show when it was on PBS. They used butcher knives to butcher their animals--kind of like a butcher might do. Nope, it wasn't a vegetarian frontier house, like mine would have been. Anyway, although I think the people on the show had a hard time with the pig, I would think that in actual frontier days they wouldn't have wasted precious bullets on a routine butchering of livestock. They don't nowadays either, do they?

As far as what the original post said about it, it wasn't really fair that Clune wasn't allowed to hunt, as some game would have been very welcome to their meager food supplies at a certain time in the show. On the other hand, though, if you had watched the show you would think it highly rational to restrict that man's use of his gun--he might have shot someone from a neighboring family, or even from his own, he was so unbalanced. ;)

No comments:


Colorado