June 26, 2002
I think most of you would be shocked and highly diverted if you could see how I behave at home, at certain hours of the day and night. I got to thinking about this because my sister Roni did such a wickedly accurate impression of me, bouncing about gaily and extremely ditzily, as to set me laughing for some minutes. However, I can say with perfect honesty that I wasn't at all embarrassed by her mockery. This is because, being homeschooled, I have such a high--terrifically high--level of familiarity with my home setting that I feel no qualms about doing the craziest, goofiest things I ever feel like doing. My comportment is, on the whole, unrepressed. On reflection, this is probably why I feel uncomfortable staying in public places for too long. This is not to say that I don't like going out in public (in fact, periodic outings are vital in maintaining what shreds of sanity I've managed to retain), but rather that extended periods of time (over five hours, in general) in public are taxing to my nerves somewhat, because I have to "behave myself". I check my insane behavior at the door of my house--well, at least at the end of the driveway, anyway--and anyone who sees me in public sees a model citizen, a perfectly well-behaved young lady. On the Internet, some people can observe some of my antics, but I guarantee it doesn't carry the same weight as actually seeing me sing at the top of my lungs or dance so wildly as to be a danger to those around me. I don't mean to say I do these things all the time, but they happen with more frequency than might be expected for a perfectly normal person. Of course, I am far from a perfectly normal person: perfectly normal people are boring, and if not for my weird, wild streak I might be boring too. I don't really know where I'm going with this, but a thought so fascinating about myself must be shared, mustn't it? Besides, I wouldn't want you to get the wrong impression that I'm just like you, only a lot smarter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
No comments:
Post a Comment