June 22, 2002

I awoke out of a deep, riptide-like slumber to my dad sitting on my bed. "Oh no," I groaned. "It's always pyramids, pyramids, pyramids!" As I spoke, I pulled the covers up over my head, exposing my bare feet at the foot of the bed. "What?" asked my father, understandably confused. "You always wake me up and sit there just like a food pyramid," I replied, still in that incoherent state between sleep and waking. And so my day began...

I ate a bowl of too-healthy cereal with milk for breakfast, lamenting the fact that there were no pancakes to consume. After checking a few things on the computer, I finally got dressed and went outside where my dad and younger siblings were digging a hole. I inspected the hole, stood around for a few minutes, then went to clear off the driveway: the workmen were coming to finish the sheetrock (they didn't finish yesterday) and my dad did not want them driving on the lawn anymore. After that I went back inside.

I sat down at the computer and began to work on some webpages for Walker's website, but before too long my dad came in and put a stop to that with a timely lecture. However, we were to go out at 11, so I finished up my real work, my book report, and got ready to go. First we went to the grocery store, where I cashed a money order and bought some bubble wrap mailers. Then we went out to eat at Schlotsky's Deli. We next went bowling, which I can't say I enjoyed at all. I have neither talent nor skill in that game, and my main accomplishment was to wreck the other side of an already raggedy right thumbnail; I was feeling a little unpleasant in the stomach area too, for some reason. Finally, we went to the post office, so that I could mail my first ever eBay sale. On the way home, my dad gave me another friendly and oh-so-engaging lecture.

When we got home, Mom and Roni were there (they had been at a swim meet all morning). So then I did...who knows what, I can't really remember, bummed about I guess. I used the computer too much. In fact, I'm still on it. Oh, then dad pulled out Crystal Reports and I went on the clock and logged two hours of extremely boring report-making. Now I'm done and I'm chatting in one and a half chat rooms, as well as updating a page on Onerock. Wasn't that such an interesting day?

I didn't think so either.

No comments:


Colorado