I've been thinking about it, and the reason I have a "crush" (I use the term loosely) on Miguel is not because of any characteristic that he has, because I don't even know the guy that well. I think it's simply the result of my desire to be coquettish, and the finding of an object with which to be coquettish. In layman's terms, I'm a little "boy-crazy" (I use this term loosely as well). It's really a very odd thing, because I'm sure I seem extremely different from most 16-year-old girls--and in fact, I am different from them--except that I do have the frightfully annoying need for male acceptance. I have a very easy case of it, though, because crush is really too strong a word: the more I think about it the more I realize my feelings are mostly imaginary. I suppose attraction resulting from boredom isn't true love, is it? I've already spent too much time thinking and writing about this, so I'll have done for this post.
I'm starting to wear more makeup. It gives me a strange feeling of confidence, though I'm sure I probably don't look that much better with it on than without it. It feels that way, anyway. Today I wore light blue and purple eyeshadow with dark brown mascara, as well as sheer berry lipstick. It wasn't as nice as last Sunday's makeup, I think, but I like variety. I rarely wear the same combinations twice.
*Shakes head in disgust* So far, I've written about boys and makeup. How silly. I am silly, though. And now I'm tired of blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment