February 09, 2002

Yeah, so I need to update...

[Legolas] A gigantic picture of the creature from the black lagoon!
[Sissi] shut up, Tim!
[Sissi] :&P
[Legolas] wait
[Legolas] that's you

ANYWAY, this week was marked by a tiresome illness, in which I was ill. I kind of got off track of my library routine, but I think I'm okay. Not good, but okay. I really need to pick up the pace as far as school, though! So that was the boring stuff. Besides that, I went to choir practice yesterday. It was more interesting. I'm trying to be a sensible influence as far as song selection, but my best efforts are falling flat. I feel like Wooster when I say that, but alas, it's true. My choir leader is not only hideously shrill in her soprano but also a stubborn selector of all that is familiar and tired in the music issue. I have to be respectful and all that, but I DO just get fed up of her not wanting to do any songs but the ones she knows--or, pardon me, the ones the people know. Therefore, I'm doomed to sing songs I don't particularly like out of charity and humility and all that good and infuriating stuff. But I still have a crush on the altar boy who happens to also be in the choir. Oh, I didn't tell you this before? Maybe it's because it's not the kind of info I would like to leak out. In fact, no one knows, except for me and you guys now. It's a strange thing to have a crush on someone you barely know, and I feel all the insensibility of it, naturally. Still, crushes are by nature perverse and stupid. I am not immune!

My right quadricep aches. I must have strained it doing wild and unprovoked dance movements.

I am an undiscovered genius. The problem is that I haven't discovered what my genius is.

I like pithy quotes, especially my own. Sometimes I make up great ones in my head, only to forget them before I can record them someplace.

I am going crazy, but I'm going to copy an IM down, just because it amuses me:

Stephys an Angel: quick question
Sissi 8008: sure
Stephys an Angel: when a number on a test is 35.130 but because the copy is so bad I think it's 35,130 and as such I get the end answer wrong, how should that be worked for grading?
Sissi 8008: you should sue Seton for damages, about 35,130 dollars worth to be precise
Stephys an Angel: that sounds good to me
Sissi 8008: no, you should always be lenient when grading yourself
Stephys an Angel: ahh
Sissi 8008: just go back and do the problem with the right number
Sissi 8008: and see if you do it right
Stephys an Angel: but the problem is that my mom was the one grading it
Stephys an Angel: and she was in a bad mood
Stephys an Angel: it's actually a simple question
Sissi 8008: well, go back and erase it and tell her she made a mistake in grading
Stephys an Angel: how many significant digits to that problem?
Stephys an Angel: ahh
Sissi 8008: 5
Stephys an Angel: but I pointed it out to her right away
Stephys an Angel: and she just walked off in a huff
Stephys an Angel: yes, since it's a period I know that now
Sissi 8008: it's physics, is it?
Sissi 8008: I'm doing physics
Stephys an Angel: but I thought it was a comma so the last 0 wouldn't be significant
Stephys an Angel: yes
Sissi 8008: yeah, if it were a comma, it wouldn't be
Sissi 8008: you should argue hard for it
Sissi 8008: because physics is hard enough without botching up problems in significant digits
Sissi 8008: but really, I recommend not giving seton your home grades
Sissi 8008: it's none of their business anyway
Stephys an Angel: well this is on test 1
Stephys an Angel: but it's graded at home
Stephys an Angel: and I believe the grade is required to be sent in
Sissi 8008: no it's not
Sissi 8008: I didn't send mine in
Stephys an Angel: and she was in a very bad mood so arguing wasn't successful O_O
Sissi 8008: I got an 89 first quarter
Sissi 8008: what did you get for a score on the test, total?
Stephys an Angel: well that's debatable
Stephys an Angel: mom thought I got a 72
Stephys an Angel: until I showed her a bunch that I actually got right but were just written different
Stephys an Angel: like
Sissi 8008: YES
Stephys an Angel: 270 degrees vs -90 degrees
Sissi 8008: mothers should never be allowed to grade math
Sissi 8008: I never let mine
Stephys an Angel: I know
Stephys an Angel: she insists
Sissi 8008: do they even know what they are grading, I sometimes wonder...
Stephys an Angel: mine doesn't
Stephys an Angel: lol
Sissi 8008: sue her for damages
Stephys an Angel: she admits she doesn't have a clue what any of it is
Sissi 8008: $35.15 worth
Stephys an Angel: yes
Sissi 8008: yeah, mine doesn't either
Sissi 8008: she didn't take physics in hs
Sissi 8008: so...take my advice and do as you please
Stephys an Angel: ya
Stephys an Angel: thanks

No comments:


Colorado