And My Altar Boy Wasn't There
I should say altar server, really. He looks just like an angel in that white robe; it's a strange thing to be attracted to, I warrant, but I'm not here to justify my own weird fancies. Does anyone have any idea how mortified I would be if he happened to read this? This is why I perversely enjoy having so few "subscribers" to my site.
In any case, I went to Mass this morning at 11:30 to fulfill my duty (and my gift, as the stewardship people would say--it was "Stewardship Sunday" this week) as a lector. Despite the remnants of a cold, I did well, if I say so myself. I made no glaring mistakes, as I shouldn't, being a seasoned lector. So anyway, that was a very nice and joyful Mass, with lots of fresh faces. I always feel so happy to be at Mass in the morning.
Nevertheless, I also went to Mass at 5 pm. Why two Masses? The 5pm one was the first LifeTeen Mass, so to speak, although it really had nothing to do with LifeTeen because LifeTeen is just starting at our parish. In fact, it was the first Sunday to have a LifeTeen meeting, of sorts. The reason why I say of sorts will be revealed shortly. So I was at this Mass, which, because it is the alternate Sunday to the one in which our choir plays, is the Mass that my altar server crush serves at; he was there, so I did at least get to see him. However, I expected him to come to the LifeNight meeting thing in the church activity center after Mass, but he didn't show! In fact, it was only I and one other girl, Eva, who, judging by the expression on her face throughout the hour we stayed, wasn't exactly thrilled to be there. Maybe that was just her normal facial expression. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was since I was in Confirmation class with her and she looked like that all the time. But maybe she wasn't thrilled to be at Confirmation class either. I am getting horribly off the point, if a point can be assumed to exist. Oh yes, so Miguel (I might as well say his name, it's not like he wouldn't know who he was if he read this, and it's not like anyone would tell him if they saw this, or if they did they are rats and deserve to be poisoned with the needles that Sloane was tortured with on "Alias" and then have their right index finger cut off similarly) wasn't there, and I was sad. Not that sad, though, because I am a cheerful, attractive, confident girl who has no qualms about having no friends and no boyfriend and could care less that no one really notices her because she knows she deserves to be noticed and someday she will be. She also has no qualms about long sentences. That is basically the story and, reading between the lines, you can see that it's a fairly pitiful one.
On a good note, I am in good health and spirits. But you knew that already. Well, I have a stomach ache, but that doesn't count. I wish I had muscles like Jennifer Garner on "Alias". No one could guess I've just been watching "Alias", could they? And no one would dare think I was in any way promoting that show, would they? I have gas. You should not know this, but I've told you other things that are much more embarrassing, so what's one more, right? I am either brave or stupid, and I know I'm not stupid. I'm just afraid of talking to classrooms.
No comments:
Post a Comment