October 21, 2001
I'm afraid I didn't do very well on the PSAT yesterday. For one thing, after I got there and waited for about 15 minutes for them to let us inside, I discovered that they weren't going to let me take the test! Yes, I am the one teenager on the planet who attempted, foolishly, it seems, to take the PSAT without a picture ID. I do not own a picture ID, unfortunately, and since my dad had dropped me off, there was no way for them to tell that I was who I claimed to be. It's not that I couldn't understand where they were coming from, but the mountain of nerves the whole thing dropped on me cannot but have been detrimental to my subsequent test taking. I did get to take the test, after my friend Elinor, who luckily was taking the test that day too, identified me to the director lady. The test was more difficult than I remember it being last year. Last year, I answered every single math question correctly. This year, it is impossible that I matched that feat, since I had to skip one of the questions, having no idea of the answer. In the last math section, I literally started panicking to finish the problems, rushing lest I run out of time. That is not like me at all. So, I expect a less than spectacular score, which will be a great disappointment, but such is life. I will not do as poorly on the SAT, that is for sure. I am going to get a 1600 on that, come hell or high water. (By then, I'll have my driver's license, so I won't have to worry about the picture ID thing.) Sigh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
No comments:
Post a Comment