October 23, 2001

I was just thinking...If I get a lower score on the PSAT than I got last year, I will be very angry! They ought to have an option to let the sophomore score carry over to the next year! The current system is crap... Most of y'all are probably thinking, "Geez, it's just the PSAT, don't stress over it," but I DO stress over it because all these standardized tests are my college future staring me right in the face. I have to get a 1600 on the SAT and I want a really high score on the ACT as well. If I can do the AP exams I want to do, it will be even more pressure on me to perform with excellence. Not only do I have to prove to these colleges how smart this homeschooler is, I have to prove to myself that I'm really as intelligent as I think I am. For all I know, I might not be. In some things, I'm indubitably very stupid: for example, time management. However, I think that I can do well enough on these tests to carry my point. Optimism is one thing in which I'm not lacking.

No comments:


Colorado