In the future, I'm going to try to put more effort into this blog. As you can probably tell, I'm new at the blogging business (ok Lance, I know it's not a *real* business or career :&P), but I hope to create more meaningful entries as I get better at it. I think I am a decent writer, but I just try to do too many things at once while I blog, as I am doing now. Nevertheless, I will endeavor to add more thoughtful posts to this.
That said (and forgotten), I have made a discovery today: I might actually look all right in the color orange after all! I had formerly thought that it was a color to be avoided with my complexion, but that may not be the case. I noticed that my little sister, who is near to me in features and appearance, was wearing an orange shirt, and it looked good on her. This gave me pause. Later, as I was dressing for Mass, I was trying to find a colorful shirt to wear with this black jumper I have which has colorful butterflies on it. I had nothing of the sort (unfortunately, my tastes are rather conservative), so I decided to borrow my sister's orange three-quarter sleeve shirt; I also borrowed her orange sandals, which I still have to put away in a minute. Anyway, I wore the ensemble to Mass, and I noticed that the color orange is a real attention-getter. I got two compliments at church, one from the priest and one from a Eucharistic minister. Actually, the priest said, "It looks like you're all dressed up for Halloween," but I choose to see that as a compliment. Don't get me wrong--I don't wear clothes to be complimented (although it's nice); I just thought it was interesting what effect the color orange had on my life. I felt more confident! More sunny! lol, just kidding. I still have some more investigation to do (and some more orange tops to borrow from my red-headed sister and mother), but I think this is all with which I will bore you. email me!
No comments:
Post a Comment