June 17, 2014

Secret Dating Fast

When I read this FOCUS blog post, it immediately resonated, especially these lines:
I can’t wait for the day when I can actually call Tim as much I want, but until then, I have to rely daily on the Lord to take care of him. When I can’t call to see how his day has been, I have to pray that Jesus is asking him those questions instead of me.
 The truth is, I have always scorned the idea of a dating fast.  Maybe not vocally or publicly, but privately I've always thought, "I would never do that."  (Similarly, I think NFP is something for other people which, since I'm not married, is fundamentally true . . . but that's another story.)  Now, as the title of this blog post indicates, I'm actually in something of a "dating fast" situation.  Let it not be said that I embraced this fast willingly, as the virtuous author of the blog I linked to did; no, rather I've gone kicking and screaming to my fate with this one.  She has a point, though: this kind of renunciation, done truly for God's sake and for HIS love primarily, is very fruitful.

No comments:


Colorado