May 09, 2007

The ideal of perfection is to "live for God in Christ Jesus": Viventes Deo in Christo Jesu. We cannot attain it in a day; holiness, ingrafted in us at baptism, is only developed little by little, by successive stages. Let us try to act in such a way that each Easter, each day of this blessed season which extends from the Resurrection to Pentecost, may produce within us a more complete death to sin, to the creature, and a more vigorous and more abundant increase of the life of Christ.— Christ in His Mysteries, Dom Columba Marmion


I found this meditation here, and I was very consoled by it. A million times a day I feel this perverse need to be great, good, holy, wonderful ALL at once, or else it's not even worth living and I will not even be worth anything. This is a great temptation of the devil, I think. You have to be happy with yourself, not with your sins, but with where God has placed you in His merciful Providence.

No comments:


Colorado