January 17, 2004

Weird things...

-Yesterday evening my mom waxed my legs for me.

-I had the oddest dream about a person I know only online and have never met. This person came to my house on Christmas, but I had to smuggle him in through the back door because my dad was some kind of maniac who was prejudiced against a certain type of people, who had to stay outside our back door and apparently the person was one of their number. Anyway, he said hi and we were having a nice friendly chat whan my dad returned from wherever he had been and somehow he sniffed it out that my friend was there, but my friend escaped through the door before my dad could catch him. Then after looking outside at those people (it was like my dad was some kind of Nazi, very odd), dad came and talked to me, noticed the book I was holding, which my friend had given me, and told me to beware of the book. It was a book with three stories in it, by some author whose name began with a W. It was like my dad was warning me against the book, but also it seemed like he was strongly tempted to confiscate it, although he didn't. I knew his psychology; I kept the book. But then, my friend who came over went to my school! I didn't know he did, or maybe he just transferred or something. At school, I think I may have said a few words to him, but it was strange because he had a girlfriend who was a blonde upperclassman (upperclasswoman, or what have you). I had somehow known this at his Christmas visit too, I think. Anyway, the blonde was a swimmer like me, so in my dream we raced 50 m breaststroke. Random! And I think I may have won by a couple tenths, but I'm not sure. In any case, I went to his girlfriend's dorm house to see if he was there, and he was but he didn't see me (although the girlfriend did and asked who I was looking for, a question to which I replied honestly and then promptly left). Then I went through some glass doors which were too big for me (it was like I had to reach up to pull the handles, and they were heavy; maybe I had turned into a midget or maybe it was symbolic of how small I felt in the dream), while musing that maybe it was for the best that my friend had a blonde girlfriend with whom he could experiment and experience things(I had a very odd mentality in this part of the dream); when I got in the building, I saw a clock, which showed that it was 5:30, well into dinner. Indeed, the place was almost deserted. There were some people going down in a strange lift which seemed somehow normal and a familiar mode of transportation. I got on, and a few people more got on, and then we left. I noticed a sophomore girl I know in real life sitting across from me, and a couple other upperclassmen I know towards the front of the thing. As we went down, I woke up.

No comments:


Colorado