June 13, 2003

Please vote for Lincoln. We cannot let Homer Simpson win!

I have taken to putting "All that I have God has given" everywhere, as my motto. Unfortunately, I don't think it has made me any more humble in practice. For me, it requires an act of the will to force myself to be humble. I have to tell myself, "You're not really that great." A humbling experience I've had recently is getting a Shakespeare test back all marked up. To make a long story short, I now realize I use an abominable amount of commas and am heinously wordy. That at least humbles me in the area of writing, but in all other areas I still have some work to do. It's not that I think that I'm better than I am at everything, because I know my capabilities and my limitations, but that I tend to congratulate myself on all the good things about me when it's really no credit to me that I have the things I do. It's all God.

Ascot is bad--not because it's pretentious and silly, but because it doesn't reflect current fashions. Right...

No comments:


Colorado