May 04, 2003

The 400 IM wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, mainly because I went abysmally slow. I wasn't really racing, as I ought to have been. I suppose I let my fear of the unknown, unswum race psych me out. Ah well. The main thing is that I finished. I did a lot better in the 200m freestyle, which is a race I've done numerous times before. I really took it out hard and didn't really bonk until the last 10 meters or so, but I still pushed through it for a strong finish. My weak points were my turns. My first one was all right, but the next two I flipped too close to the wall. My coach wasn't much help, as far as debriefing, since she just tried to focus on my positive points. A coach should tell you what you did right, but more importantly, what you did wrong. In any case, this is probably very boring to non-swimming people. Let's get to the pictures!


That is I, swimming the backstroke leg of the 400 IM. Backstroke is my worst stroke.


Here I am, after my race, in the bleachers where we sat. The ponytail belongs to my coach.


From where I sat, this is what I could see. It's really a nice pool. I suppose you could figure out which pool it is if you really wanted to, so I won't bother saying.


Here are some girls on the block before their race. *A Person* may be seen in lane 3, with the red swim cap.

No comments:


Colorado