March 15, 2003

I finally get online and I feel too tired or blah to really enjoy doing anything. Yesterday was mostly no fun. In the morning, I went for a run. When I got back my dad and I got into a big discussion/debate about liberal education, specifically about this book, Escape from Scepticism, that like a fool, I had recommended that he read. Dad just doesn't get it. It makes me upset, too, which makes me talk too abrasively. Basically, the conversation got nowhere. Later, we had another conversation (two in one day is rough--these things last an hour and a half apiece and are heavy in the thinking area) about college and financial aid, which got back to the same points. It is so stressful to talk with him; that's probably why my face broke out. I could describe all the things we said and how I felt, but that is rehashing in the worst way. On the plus side, in the evening my friend Elinor came over and we played Scrabble, Yahtzee, and a bunch of great card games and had a good time and stayed up too late (at least I did).

Today, I've been helping my dad get organized, which is just busy work, but it needs to be done. I need to help him get organized so he can do his taxes, so I can fill out the FAFSA, so I can finally get some real figures as to what a liberal arts education at the colleges to which I've been accepted will cost. BTW, I did finally get my admission letter from FUS, but they only offered me $4000 in scholarships per year. Ave Maria called and offered 6k. Maybe I shouldn't be putting actual dollar amounts on here, but I don't care. I'm tired, and I have to go back to entering receipts on the computer for my dad. Dad is feeling nice today, though, so I might be on again later.

No comments:


Colorado