Fun New Hobbies of Mine
- Butchering church hymns by playing them on the recorder
- Making marquee screensavers with Coldplay lyrics on the PC in my room
- Reading the "bad" Canterbury Tales
- Getting a splinter embedded in my finger (wait, that wasn't fun...)
I think Andy Rooney is annoying. He thinks he knows everything just because he's old. Actually, what's worse, he doesn't care if he's wrong about some things. I can't stand people who hold opinions that they don't really believe in enough to care if they're right or wrong. Just don't have an opinion at all, in that case. That is my policy. If i don't know or care enough about an issue to make up my mind firmly, I will simply remain openly ambivalent on that issue. I can forgive people who are wrong but truly believe they are right. What I can't forgive is senseless, self-aggrandizing apathy in the guise of a real position.
Y'all should pray for me to get a lot done during Lent. This one hour a day of Internet is really torture. I know I won't get much, if anything, done tomorrow because we are going to visit a museum in Houston. I've never been to Houston. Well, they say I have, but I was too young back then to render a memory of it. I don't think Houston will be all that grand, anyway. It's just another city in Texas, probably not very different from Austin, San Antonio, or Dallas: different features, of course, but the same Texas-city motif.
Wouldn't it be neat to have a vocabulary so large that you never had to use the same word twice in a paragraph?
No comments:
Post a Comment