From the perspective of an observer, isn't this an interesting time in my life? Don't you feel my life hangs in the balance? Where will I go to college? Will I even get the money to go to the colleges I want? What will happen to me? Perhaps this is all very boring to the rest of you, actually, but to me it is gripping. Sometimes I am gripped with fear, sometimes with anticipation and excitement. In any case, I'd appreciate it if you took my poll.
Now, for the record, I would like to say something about this possible war with Iraq: it is a muddle. If we do attack, it will be remembered in history as a great muddle, and I will be in the ever-enviable position to say that I knew all along it was a muddle and would be a muddle, and a bad one at that. I'd rather not be in that position, though. I'd rather we didn't go to war and we left the muddle a muddle, even if just for the selfish reason of keeping our boys at home. It's not that I don't understand the purpose of soldiers and armies, but I don't see why they should go off and die in a huge muddle. It's not justifiable. It's not right.
Google buys Blogger.
No comments:
Post a Comment