February 14, 2003

Single people always complain about Valentine's Day, and say that it depresses them. I kind of play along, as I'm single too, but it's really a false position. I like Valentine's Day. Even though I don't have a boyfriend, and on some level I really would like one, how can I be unhappy when I have a great family all around me, new bras from my mom, apple pancakes on the stove, and Carole King playing on the CD player? I love life, I love people, and I love Valentine's Day. I guess in a way my family twists the original meaning of the holiday, a celebration of romantic love, to a celebration of all love, true and sweet as it is. I suppose that's enough of being disgusting to you people who really hate Valentine's Day (and I'm sure you do) and just want the whole thing to be over. Just consider, though, that you do have someone to love, even if only God. And I love you too!

No comments:


Colorado