February 13, 2003

Here is something you may not know about me: I do not buy greeting cards. I think it is a waste of money to spend two to three dollars on a piece of cardstock decorated with pictures and a sentiment which I could do just as well in making. Well, actually I know I can’t do it just as well, but that doesn’t stop me! I make all my cards on my computer, using whatever desktop publishing software is current, and there is only one way to describe them—weird. I make weird cards. And why should I not? I am a weird girl, with weird feelings and weird ideas. This translates perfectly into weird cards. Actually, this Christmas I made a pretty normal Christmas card. However, for all the birthdays in my family (and there are several), I made extremely weird cards to go with whatever present I had bought. Last Valentine’s Day, I made shoddy cards at the last minute (on the morning of the day itself), although in previous years I had made cards well in advance. This year, I am determined to be prepared. I already have the inspiration for my first batch of extremely weird Valentines. They will be “I Love My Lips” cards! It will be great! I even have an idea of what they will look like. If they turn out as weird as I want them, I’ll put them up on my site later. After the day, of course, because I am too mean to go through all the trouble of making them and then let other people just take them and print them without any trouble at all.

No comments:


Colorado