I spent most of yesterday outside. It was a chilly, wet, unpleasant sort of day. Our objective (given by my heedless of the wind and weather father) was to take all the things out of a small storage shed, which was full to the brim with junk; to take it apart, Lego style, and replace the useless particle board floor with plywood; and to put it back together again and refill it with junk. It was 40 degrees outside and misting or drizzling the entire time. We built a fire, and as you might expect, it was smoky. However, it kept us warm when we took a break to stand near it. In the middle, my mom gave us some of the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had to drink. Mostly, however, it was drudgery. I got all muddy; I was especially dismayed that my windbreaker got all dirty because it doesn’t go in the washing machine. When we finally (5 pm!) went inside, I hopped straight in the shower and put all my clothes in the wash. Then I got a burst of energy, so I washed all my clothes and picked up my room. My mom was surprised. I had a lot of food for dinner. Later in the evening, my parents went to a neighbor’s to watch the Australian Open. I got online for a bit to chat, and then my sister and I watched a bit of Mad TV and SNL. I really don’t like those shows, and I always tell myself that I’m not going to watch them anymore, but somehow I always end up watching anyway.
Today I got up a little late, had a bit of fruit and toast for breakfast, and then got ready in less than an hour—record speed for me. I had to be at church at 10 a.m. to practice, although Mass wasn’t until 11:30. We practiced, we played, we assisted at Mass. It all went fairly well. Then we got home and had our usual large Sunday lunch: lasagna and eggplant Parmesan with salad and toast and olives. After lunch was cleared, I played Scrabble with my dad and beat him soundly. I love Scrabble. Next, I changed out of my church clothes finally. Now, I’m online and having fun. I’m contemplating making some of these drinks in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment