September 01, 2002

This is wrong in so many ways...

A Song to Which I Listened: "Empires"

(I don't listen to the radio on Sundays.)

Today I was even more lazy than I was yesterday. Yesterday I actually cleaned one bathroom. No menial work today... :-D I went to Fiesta again this evening (I had also gone last night) after 5 pm Mass. It was kind of fun, but soooooo terribly hot outside--100, at least, plus humidity. We bought lots of snow cones. I think the Fiesta must be a success, and I hope we at least won something in the raffle.

Sissi's Foibles: As we were in line at the grocery store, my mom realized that she'd forgotten the Masa Harina, so I volunteered to run back and get it. The guys in line behind us were really...horrid. That is the only adjective I can use to describe them. I slipped by them as I went, but when I came back with the masa in tow, they were blocking my way. I said, "Excuse me" in a normal tone of voice and the two guys facing me saw me and one of them said, "Oh, you'd better move, she's got the sugar." However, the third guy, who was blocking my way, didn't seem to notice and didn't move. The guy repeated, "Hey, move, she's got the sugar...or wait, not sugar, masa." FINALLY, he moved and I just quickly walked by, not looking at any of them, and gave the masa to my mom, my face burning red. They were all laughing and I was completely embarrassed! I don't know why...well, as I walked put the masa down on the checkout stand I noticed that they were buying a package of condoms, and that did little to alleviate my embarrassment for sure, as they were just laughing and jeering. My mom made some remark and rolled her eyes and then I just laughed. It was a moment of mortification, but it wasn't a big one, and it's actually kind of funny. They were just so horrid and I was just so mortified...

No comments:


Colorado