September 30, 2002

Something I Heard on NPR Today: Apparently what bands like The Hives, The Strokes, and The Vines (and a lot of Thes, except for The Rolling Stones) are missing is a "content" in their music, or a message other than something about love or drugs. I agree with this to some extent, but I listen to music primarily because I like how it sounds, and if it has a good message, that's a bonus. I am getting a little sick of punk rock, though; I suppose I never liked it that much in the first place.

A Song to Which I Listened: "Svefn g englar": don't ask me what it means or how to pronounce it, but it's cool!

Sissi's Foibles: The season premiere of "Alias" was a little farfetched. I mean, I don't mind plot holes, but glaring plot holes irk me. Keep in mind, I'm saying this about my favorite show ever, so you can imagine... In any case, as I've been saying to my family (like a broken record, they insinuate), the second season of a show is always the toughest. I hope that the writers can hang on and do some good things, other than just let Sydney kiss Vaughn, because that's just inevitable anyway. :&D

I have barely any time to get online tonight, but I just wanted to blog something. I was thinking about lip gloss (and how I love thee!) so I'll blog a little link to that: my favorite lip gloss. Ok, it's not really obvious which is my favorite...it's the third one from the left in the pack (the silver one) and it's called "Martian Mallow". Yum!

No comments:


Colorado