Once again, Tim Mason's argument works against him. He tries to prove that "The Water Buffalo Song" is not as silly as "The Dance of the Cucumber" but he only ends up showing how truly silly Water Buffalo is:
It would be perfectly normal to expect that water buffalos would have varied speeds. This would be dependant on the strength, weight and physical capability of the individual water buffalo. It would also be perfectly normal for someone to not know where they got the buffalo if they owned many buffalo or if they recieved it as a gift or when they were a child.
I assume that a water buffalo grows to be a large animal so the fact that it may get it's head stuck in the doorway to a store is not very silly. If this were a Farmers Market where Livestock are frequently taken along with vegtables, then I would expect that there is a chance that someone may have spilled some Lima beans on the floor as a result of the water buffalo. It would not be silly in the least if this rogue water buffalo, causing congestion at the entrance of the farmers market, would cause some poor farmer to spill his entire crop of lima beans, possibly ruining them and causing that farmer to lose his farm because he could not make the payments on his/her farm.
LOL! The idea that the water buffalo is taken to a Farmers' Market is really a stretch. This is obviously a song that parallels "Mary Had a Little Lamb", in which, like Larry, Mary took her farmyard animal to a place it didn't belong and the end result was hilarious catastrophe. Now, if "Mary Had a Little Lamb" isn't trifling and frivolous, I don't know what is, and Water Buffalo rivals it in silliness. Besides, Tim's previous arguments in favor of Dancing Cucumber still work against its ultimate silliness. A song that attempts to teach Spanish, even by the use of a silly song, cannot be counted as silly as one ("The Water Buffalo Song") which teaches absolutely nothing at all! One might argue that Water Buffalo teaches that it is a bad idea to take a water buffalo into a store, but that would be incorrect: considering this song is intended for an audience of children, one can easily see how the idea of taking a water buffalo into the store would be just as appealing to them as the idea of bringing a little lamb to school. Thus, my original conclusion stands.
Since I was already on Tim's blog, I noticed this little blurb, on the subject of pandas: "1) They are Vegitarian. A sure sign of evil intentions." I would normally let a comment like this pass, but I must preclude nihilobstat and tell you that it is spelt vegetarian and not capitalized. Moreover, many vegetarians, including myself, have no evil intentions whatsoever! That is, I didn't before I read Tim's post. ;)
Well, I wanted to write more, but I must fly now!
No comments:
Post a Comment