June 01, 2002
My dad has finally done it—blown another gasket, so to speak. He’s imposed a new rule on us: no television or computer whatsoever. Apparently, he got the wretched idea from one of those frontier house shows. This could have been completely calamitous for me had I not put in a well-timed objection and gained for myself one hour of computer use a day—for schoolwork. Of course, I fully plan to sneak online and look at my message boards, update my site, check my email, etc…maybe even chat if I feel bold. Nevertheless, there is always the possibility that dad will disconnect the ‘net to prevent me from doing these things. Therefore, you should all be aware of what my fate is should I not appear for a long while. I have already planned hidden yet subversive ways of protest, for example, putting in the screensaver on my computer, “Dad is a lousy maniac,” in a hard-to-decipher font. In fact, I’m typing this epistle in a hard-to-read font in Word just now. This “really stinks” but I have faith that I will be able to survive it and to remain fairly happy and cheerful, as is my wont.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
No comments:
Post a Comment