I got back from the beach yesterday. It was a fairly nice trip, although the plan had been to stay until today. We didn't do that because Roni (my next younger sister, age 14) was sick and complained that she wanted to go home. At the risk of sounding bitter, she only did it because she doesn't really like the beach much and she is a selfish stick in the mud. Nevertheless, the beach was nice while it lasted.
Today I had to follow my dad to the dealership to drop off our car which, somewhere on our long car trip, had developed some kind of problem having to do with the alternator and the battery and things about which I know nothing. Anyway, I had to drive, for the first time in months, I suppose. It was extremely, nerve-wrenchingly terrifying. I don't like driving one little bit! Well, I didn't yield correctly at the ramp. I have always said that I am not a good driver, and it still holds true. Of course, I didn't crash or anything, but I do need a lot more practice, and in a car less precious than my dad's neat little Mazda 626.
What else to say...oh, mom and Roni are still ill. I do not want to join them in their predicament. It would be calamitous, because this weekend promises to be a busy and important one for me. If I register in time, I will have lifeguard training Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I also have the SAT on Saturday, which poses a conflict, of course, but I hope that the lifeguard training people let me slide or something on that. And on Sunday I have to sing at Mass, after which I will rush directly to lifeguard training. On Friday I have choir practice too, but it is so directly in the way of lifeguard training that I must be forced to give it up entirely. This weekend, as well, my sister has a swim meet which she must attend. It will be hectic, but I am ready for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment